Here’s the AutoPark parking brake troubleshooting system test:
- Sit in the driver’s seat. Turn ON the ignition but DON’T START THE ENGINE.
- Look at your dashboard – – The AutoPark light should be ON. The gear shift lever should be in PARK.
- If you have the yellow push-pull knob on your dashboard, push it IN.
- Now, pull the gear shift lever down into NEUTRAL, and listen carefully while you do this. You should hear the AutoPark pump run for about four seconds.
- While the pump is running, the AutoPark light on the dash should be ON.
- When the pump stops, the AutoPark light should go out.
Any deviation from the above description, will probably indicate some sort of problem with the AutoPark system. Don’t despair however. We can turn the pages while you turn the wrenches – – and between us, we’ll get it fixed.
Questions and comments are always welcome oldusedbear
Posted in: Category 2 - - AutoPark troubleshooting, and isolating the problem